An adorable and very helpful 7-year-old girl with two moms decided to make a video to help other kids explain to their friends and classmates how they were conceived.
“About 6-8 months ago, I asked [Sophia] if anyone asked questions about her having two moms, and she told me that some people said it was impossible for her not to have a daddy,” her mom, Brandy Black, told BuzzFeed News.
Black decided to explain to Sophia the basics of sperm donation, so that she could be better informed about how her family came to be. “Navigating your way through parenthood is hard enough, and as a lesbian mom, figuring out how to keep your child informed is a learning process,” Black said.
After that conversation, they decided to create the above video, produced by The Next Family. Be sure to check out Sophia’ illustrations, which include a sperm donor in a green suit, toting a bag labeled “sperm.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World