Shortly before its premiere next month at the Cannes Film Festival, the curtain has been lifted a bit more on the latest interpretation of Shakespeare’s classic Macbeth.
Empire has debuted three new images, including the one above, showing off Michael Fassbender in the title role and Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth.
The images offer a look at the (relatively) good and bad times for both characters. The photo above displays the two leads at a more formal moment, while the other two images showcase how weary they will become throughout the well-known perils that befall both of them.
The film, which still lacks a trailer, is directed by Justin Kurzel, who is reteaming with both Fassbender and Cotillard for 2016’s Assassin’s Creed adaptation.
Head over to Empire see the other images from the film before Macbeth debuts at Cannes in May.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time