Robert Downey Jr., is an emotional chameleon, if he does say so himself — and he does in this clip from The Tonight Show.
The Avengers: Age of Ultron star stopped by the show and proved his acting chops in a round of “Emotional Interview.” In the challenge, the two actors have a conversation while shifting from one emotional extreme to another at the sound of a bell. Fallon and Downey show off their inner “annoyingly philosophical” guys before perfectly becoming two A-list stars desperately fishing for compliments. Then Downey smoothly segues into a man who really, really smells bacon and likes it.
It’s the perfect combination of Inside the Actors Studio and The Manchurian Candidate with some big laughs along the way.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time