This Instagram update will make emoji lovers :-) .
The social network has announced that emojis will now show up in hashtags and in the app’s search function, bringing us one step closer to a society that does not have to use words to communicate.
The photo-sharing site is also rolling out a few new filters called “Lark,” “Reyes” and “Juno” (named after Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger’s dog). According to a description of these filters in a blog post:
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating