Get ready to hit the road with Jenny Slate.
The star of last year’s indie hit Obvious Child is teaming up with the film’s director (Gillian Robespierre) and writer (Elisabeth Holm) for a new FX comedy pilot, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Slate and co-star Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher, For a Good Time, Call…), who play two native New Yorkers who befriend one another in their 30s and embark on a cross-country road trip after making a movie together.
Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, the presidents of original programming for FX Networks and FX Production, described it as “like ‘Thelma and Louise’ — but nobody dies” when they announced the pilot Monday.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma