Get ready to hit the road with Jenny Slate.
The star of last year’s indie hit Obvious Child is teaming up with the film’s director (Gillian Robespierre) and writer (Elisabeth Holm) for a new FX comedy pilot, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Slate and co-star Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher, For a Good Time, Call…), who play two native New Yorkers who befriend one another in their 30s and embark on a cross-country road trip after making a movie together.
Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, the presidents of original programming for FX Networks and FX Production, described it as “like ‘Thelma and Louise’ — but nobody dies” when they announced the pilot Monday.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time