Most Jewish kids see their Bar Mitzvahs as an opportunity to eat pigs in blankets, dance to “Build Me Up Buttercup” and hand out basketball shorts declaring “Ben’s Bar Mitzvah was a slam dunk!” But one lucky 13-year-old boy named Matt had a slightly different kind of Bar Mitzvah, because Nicki Minaj performed at his reception.
All we know is his name is Matt, and Nicki posted a photo with him on Instagram:
Sadly, video footage is scarce, but here’s a glimpse at Nicki performing “Super Bass.”
Nicki also set aside some time to offer life lessons to the blossoming young adults in attendance:
Now everybody else’s Bar and Bat Mitzvahs are going to seem just so mediocre compared to this.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving