Believers might pray to a saint candle to ward off evil spirits, protect a pregnancy or summon a miracle. But it’s not clear what you might wish for upon lighting a candle emblazoned with the face of Daya, Alex, Piper, Crazy Eyes or Red, characters returning on the third season of Orange Is the New Black, which debuts on Netflix June 12.
The show’s new art is rife with religious references, from the candles to the tagline — “The Third Coming” — which is clearly as much an allusion to the inmates’ dalliances as it is to their hope for salvation. A close look reveals a series of details specific to each character’s storyline: Piper’s broken engagement, Daya’s secret prosthetic-legged lover and Crazy Eyes’ beloved is-she-or-isn’t-she-dead villain Vee, characterized with roses.
A previously released trailer and clip have hinted at plot developments viewers can expect this season. Big Boo has a new ‘do, a new crop of inmates has shaken up the Litchfield ecosystem and Piper’s one-time love and intermittent life-ruiner Alex Vause is back behind bars. And if this new poster is any indication, the inmates will be seeking both redemption and pleasure, likely in equal measure.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer