Only 22% of Apple Watch orders have shipped since the device officially launched on Friday, according to a new survey of shipment receipts.
An estimated 376,000 Apple Watches have shipped so far out of 1.7 million pre-orders, according to an unofficial tally of e-receipts from Slice Intelligence, a shopping analytics firm that scans for order confirmations in the inboxes of more than 2 million participating online shoppers.
An estimated 33% of Apple Watch orders are scheduled to ship in April, followed by another 28% in May, according to the study. Only 1% of orders are set to ship in June, but that share could rise as Apple sets delivery dates on the remaining 38% of orders, which still have an undefined shipment status.
Apple confirmed last week that some Apple Watch customers would get their device sooner than initially expected.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time