A suspected burglary attempt in California went awry last week when authorities say the man got side-tracked by, of course, tater tots.
A homeowner in Petaluma went downstairs Thursday afternoon and found an unfamiliar man, identified by police as James Adams, asleep on her sofa after he apparently enjoyed a snack of frozen tater tots, the San Fransisco Chronicle reports. After calling the police, she tried to leave her house but accidentally awoke the man.
Adams, 44, who was said to have a long criminal history, was apprehended by authorities as he tried to leave the yard.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow