Furious 7 earned $18.2 million to finish at the top of the box office for the fourth straight week, and it’s now a bigger earner than Frozen.
The film, which stars Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, is the first since 2012 and one of only 29 ever to keep the No. 1 box office spot for four weeks, according to box office tracker Rentrak. The movie has earned $320.5 million domestically and more than $1 billion worldwide.
The global box office total makes Furious 7 one of the five highest grossing films of all time, according to Box Office Mojo. It sits just ahead of Frozen in total worldwide earnings at $1.32 billion to Frozen‘s $1.27 billion, but the latter is still ahead by $80 million at the domestic box office.
Furious 7 could be knocked off its throne with the May 1 opening of Avengers: Age of Ultron, which is expected to earn more than $200 million in its opening weekend.
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, the Kevin James comedy sequel, finished second at the box office for the second weekend in a row, earning $15.3 million. Age of Adaline, a romantic drama starring Blake Lively, opened in third with $13.4 million.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time