Lucy is one lucky pooch.
The miniature dachshund has been rescued two weeks after accidentally digging herself underground in Derby, Kansas, and getting trapped underneath a concrete slab, the Wichita Eagle reports.
The dog, which was let out in the yard each day by owner Rebecca Felix and her husband, dug a hole in the ground and then turned and burrowed for 4 feet beneath a concrete slab supporting an air conditioning unit.
After two weeks of searching for the dog, the couple heard a quiet bark and called 911 to rescue her.
“It really is a miracle that God gave me back Lucy right before her birthday, and if she could talk, we’d be able to write a book about it,” Felix said of Lucy, who turned 4 years old hours after she was rescued.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com