Bruce Jenner came out as transgender during an interview with Diane Sawyer on Friday night. “The female part of me is who I am. I identify as female, and that’s very hard for Bruce Jenner to say, because I don’t want to disappoint people,” Jenner said in the widely discussed interview.
One of those people Jenner worried about disappointing was his stepdaughter, Kim Kardashian. As it turned out, however, it was Kardashian’s husband, Kanye West, who helped Kardashian come to terms with Jenner’s revelation.
“Kim told me a story. She goes, ‘You know what really turned me around on thinking about this?’ I said, ‘What?’ She goes, ‘Kanye.’ I went, ‘Oh, okay,’” Jenner said. “He says to Kim, ‘Look, I can be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, and I am. I can have the most beautiful little daughter in the world, and I have that. But I’m nothing if I can’t be me. If I can’t be true to myself, they don’t mean anything.’”
Added Jenner: “Since then, Kimberly has been, by far, the most accepting, and the easiest to talk to about it.”
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body