Bruce Jenner’s much-anticipated interview with ABC aired Friday, and as was widely expected, the former Olympian and reality star announced that he is choosing to live as a woman. The broadcast was a popular point of discussion on social media, with friends, family and fans speaking out in support of Jenner’s transition.
The pop singer Lady Gaga, a longtime advocate for LGBT causes, offered her encouragement and admiration:
So did Miley Cyrus:
Jenner’s step-daughter, Khloe Kardashian, chimed in, as did Bruce’s daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner:
Transgender teen Jazz Jennings voiced her support, as did transgender actress and TIME 100 honoree Laverne Cox:
Meanwhile, when the blogger Perez Hilton tweeted that Bruce’s third wife, Kris Jenner, had not commented to ABC for the interview, Kris clapped back:
Separately, Kris tweeted her enthusiastic admiration and affection for Bruce:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving