Bruce Jenner’s much-anticipated interview with ABC aired Friday, and as was widely expected, the former Olympian and reality star announced that he is choosing to live as a woman. The broadcast was a popular point of discussion on social media, with friends, family and fans speaking out in support of Jenner’s transition.
The pop singer Lady Gaga, a longtime advocate for LGBT causes, offered her encouragement and admiration:
So did Miley Cyrus:
Jenner’s step-daughter, Khloe Kardashian, chimed in, as did Bruce’s daughters Kendall and Kylie Jenner:
Transgender teen Jazz Jennings voiced her support, as did transgender actress and TIME 100 honoree Laverne Cox:
Meanwhile, when the blogger Perez Hilton tweeted that Bruce’s third wife, Kris Jenner, had not commented to ABC for the interview, Kris clapped back:
Separately, Kris tweeted her enthusiastic admiration and affection for Bruce:
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science