As the royal baby name game continues to leave us guessing, we can all sleep a little more soundly knowing at least one adorable newborn finally has her moniker.
And the Dallas Zoo’s newest giraffe addition’s name is … Kipenzi, which is Swahili for loved one.
More than 50,000 fans around the world voted to pick the name of the calf, whom Katie the reticulated giraffe welcomed April 10.
As for Kipenzi, the calf has gained more than 30 lbs. since birth and stands over 6-ft. tall. Dallas Zoo visitors, get excited: The giraffe baby is preparing to make her public debut in the habitat for her first full day as soon as the rainy weather clears up, which will likely be early next week.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This