Are those contacts, Dr. Avery? Jackson, the plastic surgeon/trust-fund baby/chairman of the hospital board, played by Jesse Williams, has smoldered with his baby blues since season six. Ascend the hunk throne, Doctor.
Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) could have been a McSteamy replacement back when the original McSteamy (Eric Dane) died in season nine, but he just wasn’t nice enough. As a series original, Karev has gone by Dr. Evil Spawn, Dr. Doucheface and Dr. Jr. Butthole, but with his ever-expanding big heart and increasingly nice personality, he’s earned the McSteamyism.
Owen Hunt is actually a Mc something in real life. Kevin McKidd plays the redheaded former Army doctor, who could be a viable love interest for Meredith if he weren’t dating Derek’s sister—but who knows what roads we will travel in Shondaland.
Jessica Capshaw, who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins, is Kate Capshaw’s daughter. Not that your real-life relatives should eclipse your talent, since Robbins, a pediatric specialist (who learned extra-super-special skills from a guest-starring Geena Davis this season), is one of our cast favorites.
We aren’t talking Kate Middleton’s wedding dress. You can say Grey’s Anatomy is lost without Derek or Meredith, but Dr. Miranda Bailey (Chandra Wilson) is the show’s true north.
April Kepner (Sarah Drew) has won over the usually pretty subdued Grey Sloan surgical team with her exceedingly (really exceedingly) cheery demeanor and organizational skills on par with Marie Kondo.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time