Are those contacts, Dr. Avery? Jackson, the plastic surgeon/trust-fund baby/chairman of the hospital board, played by Jesse Williams, has smoldered with his baby blues since season six. Ascend the hunk throne, Doctor.
Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) could have been a McSteamy replacement back when the original McSteamy (Eric Dane) died in season nine, but he just wasn’t nice enough. As a series original, Karev has gone by Dr. Evil Spawn, Dr. Doucheface and Dr. Jr. Butthole, but with his ever-expanding big heart and increasingly nice personality, he’s earned the McSteamyism.
Owen Hunt is actually a Mc something in real life. Kevin McKidd plays the redheaded former Army doctor, who could be a viable love interest for Meredith if he weren’t dating Derek’s sister—but who knows what roads we will travel in Shondaland.
Jessica Capshaw, who plays Dr. Arizona Robbins, is Kate Capshaw’s daughter. Not that your real-life relatives should eclipse your talent, since Robbins, a pediatric specialist (who learned extra-super-special skills from a guest-starring Geena Davis this season), is one of our cast favorites.
We aren’t talking Kate Middleton’s wedding dress. You can say Grey’s Anatomy is lost without Derek or Meredith, but Dr. Miranda Bailey (Chandra Wilson) is the show’s true north.
April Kepner (Sarah Drew) has won over the usually pretty subdued Grey Sloan surgical team with her exceedingly (really exceedingly) cheery demeanor and organizational skills on par with Marie Kondo.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was