An Australia video blogger for FoneFox, a YouTube channel dedicated to smartphone reviews and tutorials, got his hands on a new Apple Watch Sport. So naturally, the first thing he and his fellow bloggers wanted to do was test how the device stands up to water damage. (Apple considers the devices “water resistant” and not completely waterproof.)
They begin with a basic splash test. The watch still worked fine. Then he brought it into the shower. Still fine. Then they submerged it into a bucket. Still fine. Finally, they took the watch for a 15-minute swim in a pool, and afterward, it still remained totally functional.
“It’s actually a lot more waterproof than we had originally anticipated,” they conclude. While it’s nice to know you don’t have to worry if your Apple Watch gets wet, we still do not recommend taking it for a swim. Be smart, guys.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears