An Australia video blogger for FoneFox, a YouTube channel dedicated to smartphone reviews and tutorials, got his hands on a new Apple Watch Sport. So naturally, the first thing he and his fellow bloggers wanted to do was test how the device stands up to water damage. (Apple considers the devices “water resistant” and not completely waterproof.)
They begin with a basic splash test. The watch still worked fine. Then he brought it into the shower. Still fine. Then they submerged it into a bucket. Still fine. Finally, they took the watch for a 15-minute swim in a pool, and afterward, it still remained totally functional.
“It’s actually a lot more waterproof than we had originally anticipated,” they conclude. While it’s nice to know you don’t have to worry if your Apple Watch gets wet, we still do not recommend taking it for a swim. Be smart, guys.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time