Everybody Loves Raymond child star Sawyer Sweeten took his own life at his family’s Texas home on Thursday, according to the Hollywood Reporter, which cited a family statement. He was just 19.
“This morning a terrible family tragedy has occurred,” Sweeten’s family said. “We are devastated to report that our beloved brother, son, and friend, Sawyer Sweeten, took his own life.”
Sweeten appeared in the television comedy Everybody Loves Raymond from 1996 to 2005. He starred as Geoffrey Barone alongside his twin brother from the tender age of just 16 months. The popular sitcom, starring Ray Romano, centered on an oddball family living on Long Island.
Sweeten’s sister Madylin, who played Romano’s on-screen daughter Ally Barone, urged the public in a Facebook note “to reach out to the ones you love,” adding, “Let them have no doubt of what they mean to you.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time