Whether Fifty Shades of Grey‘s Valentine’s Day release drew you to theaters or sent you running from them, expect it to become an almost-annual tradition.
The film’s sequels, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, now have release dates set for Feb. 19, 2017, and Feb. 9, 2018, respectively. Variety reports Universal Pictures chair Donna Langley said Thursday at CinemaCon: “We’re making this a Valentine’s Day event.”
That doesn’t come as a huge surprise given the first movie’s record-breaking February opening. Universal has yet to announce a replacement for director Sam Taylor-Johnson, who won’t be returning to the series, but Niall Leonard—the husband of Fifty Shades author E.L. James—will be writing the screenplay.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer