During the White House’s annual “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day,” Michelle Obama embraced a little girl who told the First Lady she did not look her age.
Young Anaya Brodie asked “How old are you?” Obama said 51 and followed up with, “But what does that mean? What’s that look?” Then she pretended not to hear her and asked the girl to repeat it and to speak up until the girl shouted, “You’re too young for a 51-year-old!” Grinning ear to ear, Obama said, “You should come up and give me a hug.”
She also embraced two other girls who asked questions, the Associated Press reports.
Obama was taking questions from children of White House employees and youngsters from the Boys and Girls Club and D.C. Child and Family Services in the East Room of the White House.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears