During the White House’s annual “Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day,” Michelle Obama embraced a little girl who told the First Lady she did not look her age.
Young Anaya Brodie asked “How old are you?” Obama said 51 and followed up with, “But what does that mean? What’s that look?” Then she pretended not to hear her and asked the girl to repeat it and to speak up until the girl shouted, “You’re too young for a 51-year-old!” Grinning ear to ear, Obama said, “You should come up and give me a hug.”
She also embraced two other girls who asked questions, the Associated Press reports.
Obama was taking questions from children of White House employees and youngsters from the Boys and Girls Club and D.C. Child and Family Services in the East Room of the White House.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve