Sandra Bullock has been named the most beautiful woman in the world by People magazine.
But the actress, 50, told People that despite her glamorous cover photo shoot, real beauty isn’t based on looks.
“Real beauty is quiet. Especially in this town, it’s just so hard not to say, ‘Oh, I need to look like that,'” she said. “No, be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they’re in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren’t trying.”
Accordingly, she said this was her response when she heard she was named the most beautiful woman: “I just said, ‘That’s ridiculous.’ I’ve told no one.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.