Sandra Bullock has been named the most beautiful woman in the world by People magazine.
But the actress, 50, told People that despite her glamorous cover photo shoot, real beauty isn’t based on looks.
“Real beauty is quiet. Especially in this town, it’s just so hard not to say, ‘Oh, I need to look like that,'” she said. “No, be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they’re in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren’t trying.”
Accordingly, she said this was her response when she heard she was named the most beautiful woman: “I just said, ‘That’s ridiculous.’ I’ve told no one.”
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time