Avocados, I’m pretty convinced, are the world’s most perfect fruit. Move aside, apples—it’s avocados’ time to shine! Don’t let the richness of avocados fool you, though. They are full of good fats. When paired with toast, they make for the ultimate breakfast/mid-morning snack. You could get fancy and top it with an egg or veggies, but I vote for the simple stuff. Good, flaky sea salt and a drizzle of indulgent extra-virgin olive oil set this toast apart from all of the Instagrams you’ve seen with the kitchen sink piled on top. Check out the recipe below!
The Perfect Avocado Toast
This avocado toast is pretty darn perfect. The combination of fats and carbs comes together to hold you over to the next meal. The bread used in this toast is a classic whole-wheat, popped into the toaster for 2-3 minutes.
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Good-quality olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes (if desired)
- Place the slices of avocado onto your bread in a fan formation. Using a fork, mash the avocado. If you like chunkier avocado, you only need a few swipes of the fork. If you’d rather have a more evenly blended avocado mash, try mashing in a bowl and then spreading it onto the toast.
- Sprinkle with a modest pinch of flaky sea salt, a grind or two of cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Top with red pepper flakes, if desired.
More from CookingLight.com:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time