Fans of Dr. Seuss who are anxiously awaiting the new book What Pet Should I Get? from the late author are finally getting a sneak peek at what’s due in July.
CNN released an image from the book on Monday that shows a pair of siblings—from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish—looking into a pet store window. It reads:
“We want a pet.
We want a pet.
What kind of pet
should we get?”
The book’s publisher, Random House Children’s Books, said in a statement Monday it increased its first printing from 500,000 to 1 million copies to meet demand.
Theodor Geisel’s (Dr. Seuss) widow found the manuscript and illustrations for What Pet Should I Get? in their home shortly after his death in 1991.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up