Actor Ewan McGregor will play the posh candelabra Lumiere in Disney’s upcoming live-action Beauty and the Beast.
McGregor is joining a cast that also includes Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston and Ian McKellan as Cogsworth, The Hollywood Reporter writes. This is not the first time McGregor has sung in a role—he also starred in Moulin Rouge! in 2001.
Beauty and the Beast will be directed by Bill Condon, who also directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. It is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
The film is scheduled for a mid-March 2017 release.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This