Actor Ewan McGregor will play the posh candelabra Lumiere in Disney’s upcoming live-action Beauty and the Beast.
McGregor is joining a cast that also includes Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston and Ian McKellan as Cogsworth, The Hollywood Reporter writes. This is not the first time McGregor has sung in a role—he also starred in Moulin Rouge! in 2001.
Beauty and the Beast will be directed by Bill Condon, who also directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. It is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
The film is scheduled for a mid-March 2017 release.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023