Actor Ewan McGregor will play the posh candelabra Lumiere in Disney’s upcoming live-action Beauty and the Beast.
McGregor is joining a cast that also includes Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston and Ian McKellan as Cogsworth, The Hollywood Reporter writes. This is not the first time McGregor has sung in a role—he also starred in Moulin Rouge! in 2001.
Beauty and the Beast will be directed by Bill Condon, who also directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. It is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
The film is scheduled for a mid-March 2017 release.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving