Actor Ewan McGregor will play the posh candelabra Lumiere in Disney’s upcoming live-action Beauty and the Beast.
McGregor is joining a cast that also includes Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston and Ian McKellan as Cogsworth, The Hollywood Reporter writes. This is not the first time McGregor has sung in a role—he also starred in Moulin Rouge! in 2001.
Beauty and the Beast will be directed by Bill Condon, who also directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn. It is produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
The film is scheduled for a mid-March 2017 release.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up