Two years ago, a woman posted a touching video of an emotional moment on the New York City subway. Now, after being posted on Reddit, the clip is making its way around the Internet once again.
It shows a woman selling roses on the 6 train for $1 each. A man begins to inquire about buying in bulk and offers to pay $140 for the entire bunch. Instead of taking the flowers with him, though, he tells her to do him a favor and just hand them out for free. The vendor agrees and then the anonymous man gets off the train and disappears. Then the woman bursts into tears.
“[I think] she started crying from the relief of someone actually being generous,” Maria Lopez, the bystander who filmed the exchange, told the Huffington Post. “This one little gesture of humanity is so huge. It’s a testament to the lack of love and lack of generosity in the world. I think people are yearning for that.”
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working