An exceedingly rare, gold-on-gold Apple Watch has been spotted once again, this time on the wrist of pop icon Beyoncé, as Apple continues a stealthy but star-studded campaign to promote the watch as the ultimate luxury apparel item.
An image of the gold watch, combined with a gold link bracelet, was posted to the singer’s official blog on Monday. The sighting comes one week after designer Karl Lagerfeld sported a similar looking watch, bringing the grand tally of gold-on-gold watch sightings to two.
The custom design underscores Apple’s strategy to segment shoppers along a sliding scale of luxury, beginning with the $349 Watch Sport and nearly peaking at $17,000 for the Apple Watch Edition. The retail value for Beyonce and Lagerfeld’s custom-designed watches has not been revealed, however, as they’re not for sale.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time