An exceedingly rare, gold-on-gold Apple Watch has been spotted once again, this time on the wrist of pop icon Beyoncé, as Apple continues a stealthy but star-studded campaign to promote the watch as the ultimate luxury apparel item.
An image of the gold watch, combined with a gold link bracelet, was posted to the singer’s official blog on Monday. The sighting comes one week after designer Karl Lagerfeld sported a similar looking watch, bringing the grand tally of gold-on-gold watch sightings to two.
The custom design underscores Apple’s strategy to segment shoppers along a sliding scale of luxury, beginning with the $349 Watch Sport and nearly peaking at $17,000 for the Apple Watch Edition. The retail value for Beyonce and Lagerfeld’s custom-designed watches has not been revealed, however, as they’re not for sale.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now