An exceedingly rare, gold-on-gold Apple Watch has been spotted once again, this time on the wrist of pop icon Beyoncé, as Apple continues a stealthy but star-studded campaign to promote the watch as the ultimate luxury apparel item.
An image of the gold watch, combined with a gold link bracelet, was posted to the singer’s official blog on Monday. The sighting comes one week after designer Karl Lagerfeld sported a similar looking watch, bringing the grand tally of gold-on-gold watch sightings to two.
The custom design underscores Apple’s strategy to segment shoppers along a sliding scale of luxury, beginning with the $349 Watch Sport and nearly peaking at $17,000 for the Apple Watch Edition. The retail value for Beyonce and Lagerfeld’s custom-designed watches has not been revealed, however, as they’re not for sale.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms