Fans of Jon Stewart have a little over three months to get their fill of the comedian and Daily Show host.
Stewart announced on the show’s Monday night broadcast that he would go off the air on Aug. 6 this year, Variety reports.
The 52-year-old comedian said in February that he would be retiring from the iconic satirical newscast after 16 years. Filling big shoes will be Trevor Noah, whom Stewart has warmly endorsed in spite of the South African funnyman’s involvement in a Twitter storm that occurred after some of his tweeted jokes were criticized for being “anti-Semitic” and “sexist.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction