Fans of Jon Stewart have a little over three months to get their fill of the comedian and Daily Show host.
Stewart announced on the show’s Monday night broadcast that he would go off the air on Aug. 6 this year, Variety reports.
The 52-year-old comedian said in February that he would be retiring from the iconic satirical newscast after 16 years. Filling big shoes will be Trevor Noah, whom Stewart has warmly endorsed in spite of the South African funnyman’s involvement in a Twitter storm that occurred after some of his tweeted jokes were criticized for being “anti-Semitic” and “sexist.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time