There may be no crying in baseball, but there’s plenty of cursing — just ask Cincinnati Reds manager Bryan Price.
During a media session ahead of Monday’s game against the Milwaukee Brewers, Price unleashed a five-minute, 34-second profanity-peppered onslaught that would have made Ty Cobb wince.
“The final tally was 77 uses of the ‘F’ word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine),” reports the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Price was upset about media outlets allegedly running information that could be deemed valuable to rival teams and reporting on the status of one player who was being relegated to the minors before the coach had a chance to tell him personally.
Or as Price put it himself: “I’ve been as candid as I can f-cking be about this team and our players, and we’ve got to deal with this sh-t, every f-cking team that we f-cking play has to know every f-cking guy that’s here and what they can and can’t do? F-ck me. It’s a f-cking disgrace. I’m f-cking sick of this sh-t.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now