[mlbvideo id=”79017883″ width=”400″ height=”224″ /]
At Saturday’s Cubs game at Wrigley Field, one fan managed to catch a foul ball in her cup. Then she proceeded to raise her cup to the sky and chug the foaming beer.
“I was told they were amazing seats because you can catch a lot of foul balls,” 24-year-old Krista Dotzenrod told the Chicago Sun-Times. “I was sitting there, and all of a sudden there is a ball in my cup. It fell straight in there. I didn’t know what to do.”
Everyone around her told her to chug it, so like the true hero she is, she went for it. Turns out Dotzenrod created a new tradition, because the next day, another Cubs fan did the exact same thing.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org