This is not a drill.
“I’d like to thank my mum and dad, and I’d also like to take this moment to thank four of the best guys I’ve ever met, everything I’ve done with them will stay with me for the rest of my life,” he told the audience, according to Now Daily.
The singer is also sporting a brand new look. His hair, which had previously been shaved into a viking ponytail, was completely buzzed off at the event.
Malik’s new nose ring, too, was on display. The stud in his left nostril was first seen when British music producer Naughty Boy Tweeted out a photo late Thursday, leading to mass Directioner hysteria.
The singer, 22, appeared at the awards with his mother, Trisha, as his date.
In other 1D news, Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Niall Horan attended a Great Gatsby-themed event on Thursday to benefit Trekstock, a cancer charity for which both Payne and Harry Styles act as ambassadors
Payne, 21, has been doing his part to raise funds for the charity via Prizeo by offering updated One Direction merchandise (that is, without Malik pictured) and the chance to spend time with the band at an upcoming show on their On the Road Again tour.
Since the band took a break from their world tour earlier this month, Styles, 21, has taken up residence in Los Angeles. OTRA will pick back up in Cardiff, Wales, on June 5.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body