If you’re going to watch one music video today — or ever — make it the surprise video dropped by none other than David Hasselhoff.
The video for “True Survivor” — which is from the Kickstarter-funded film Kung Fury — is straight out of the star’s Knight Rider days and while it doesn’t have his computerized car K.I.T.T., it does have a white Lamborghini, an overactive fog machine, fingerless gloves and a slick beat.
The clip mixes up everything from keytars to 8-bit hacking to dinosaurs, vikings, flamethrowers, roundhouse-kicking cops, people walking away from explosions without looking back and so much more. And naturally, it all ends with Hasselhoff riding a dinosaur into the sunset. The video bodes well for Kung Fury, David Sandberg’s throwback martial arts comedy about a vengeful cop who travels back in time to kill the Nazis, but end up bringing in vikings and Thor to finish the deed. With a plot like that, it should be no surprise the film exceeded its Kickstarter goal of $200,000, and brought in well over $600,000.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart