When Clint Chadbourne found himself stuck in a snagged seatbelt, he didn’t know the ordeal would end up delighting millions of people. His main focus was really just how to get out of his daughter’s car — or, as he says in his strong Maine accent, her “cah.”
Chadbourne’s daughter, Kelly, filmed his two-minute struggle, the Portland Press Herald reports. His wife, Bonnie, went back and forth between trying to help him and just laughing hysterically. Since Bonnie shared the video on Facebook on April 6, it’s racked up 30.5 million views.
In a Facebook post Wednesday, Bonnie said it was never her intention for the clip to go viral — but she’s glad it has spread so much laughter:
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time