Authorities say former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has been taken to a hospital for a medical emergency after he was ordered to stand trial in a murder case.
Los Angeles sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida says Knight was transported to a hospital after experiencing a medical emergency at a downtown courthouse. She says no further details could be released.
A message sent to Knight’s attorney Matt Fletcher wasn’t immediately returned.
On Thursday morning, the 49-year-old Knight was ordered to stand trial on murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
He walked out of court after the hearing.
Knight has pleaded not guilty in the case. Fletcher has argued the Death Row Records co-founder was fleeing an attack in late January when he struck two men, killing one.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate