Authorities say former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has been taken to a hospital for a medical emergency after he was ordered to stand trial in a murder case.
Los Angeles sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida says Knight was transported to a hospital after experiencing a medical emergency at a downtown courthouse. She says no further details could be released.
A message sent to Knight’s attorney Matt Fletcher wasn’t immediately returned.
On Thursday morning, the 49-year-old Knight was ordered to stand trial on murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
He walked out of court after the hearing.
Knight has pleaded not guilty in the case. Fletcher has argued the Death Row Records co-founder was fleeing an attack in late January when he struck two men, killing one.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World