Authorities say former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has been taken to a hospital for a medical emergency after he was ordered to stand trial in a murder case.
Los Angeles sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida says Knight was transported to a hospital after experiencing a medical emergency at a downtown courthouse. She says no further details could be released.
A message sent to Knight’s attorney Matt Fletcher wasn’t immediately returned.
On Thursday morning, the 49-year-old Knight was ordered to stand trial on murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
He walked out of court after the hearing.
Knight has pleaded not guilty in the case. Fletcher has argued the Death Row Records co-founder was fleeing an attack in late January when he struck two men, killing one.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement