Authorities say former rap music mogul Marion “Suge” Knight has been taken to a hospital for a medical emergency after he was ordered to stand trial in a murder case.
Los Angeles sheriff’s spokeswoman Nicole Nishida says Knight was transported to a hospital after experiencing a medical emergency at a downtown courthouse. She says no further details could be released.
A message sent to Knight’s attorney Matt Fletcher wasn’t immediately returned.
On Thursday morning, the 49-year-old Knight was ordered to stand trial on murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges.
He walked out of court after the hearing.
Knight has pleaded not guilty in the case. Fletcher has argued the Death Row Records co-founder was fleeing an attack in late January when he struck two men, killing one.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time