Singaporean sitcom star Chen Tianwen is on course to becoming an Internet hit because of his kitschy music video Unbelievable.
The video was produced for Singapore’s Channel 5 sitcom Spouse for House 2 and is intended as a flashback to explain why Chen’s character always says “un-n-n-n-n-believable.”
Inspired by famous ’70s Singaporean singer Huang Qing Yuan, Chen dons a dodgy floral shirt, an enormous wig and sings a very badly dubbed Chinese-style karaoke song to serenade a girl who’s so un-un-un-unbelievable that she leaves him “stunned like vegetable.”
With other classic lyrics such as “Come be my coffee table and I’ll be your sofa … please be the metal cable to my cable car,” and some fantastically comical dance moves, this video is your instant mood lifter for the day. You’re welcome.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.