It’s time for Billy Joel to start singing that lullaby again.
The “Piano Man” singer, 65, and girlfriend Alexis Roderick are expecting their first child together this summer, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.
The baby on the way — a source tells PEOPLE it’s a girl! — will be Joel’s second child. He has one daughter, singer/songwriter Alexa Ray, 29, from his previous marriage to supermodel Christie Brinkley.
Joel and Roderick, 33 — an accomplished equestrian and a former Morgan Stanley executive — have been together since 2009.
“Billy is thrilled to become a dad again,” the source adds.
They are keeping any further details about the pregnancy under wraps until they welcome their new addition, his rep adds.
— With reporting by Mary Margaret
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up