India’s ruling Congress party has released its manifesto — five months in the making — for general elections starting next month.
This year, the ruling party asked for feedback from the electorate before compiling what has essentially been dubbed a people’s manifesto.
“We decided to go to the people for the first time,” campaign chief Rahul Gandhi said at the release, the Times of India reported.
Published Wednesday afternoon, the document promises inclusive development, action against graft and good governance.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far