India’s ruling Congress party has released its manifesto — five months in the making — for general elections starting next month.
This year, the ruling party asked for feedback from the electorate before compiling what has essentially been dubbed a people’s manifesto.
“We decided to go to the people for the first time,” campaign chief Rahul Gandhi said at the release, the Times of India reported.
Published Wednesday afternoon, the document promises inclusive development, action against graft and good governance.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving