When I met Julianna Margulies last year, it didn’t take long to recognize a kindred spirit. It wasn’t just that we quickly began finishing each other’s sentences. It was her passion, fearlessness, empathy and an unwavering determination to make a difference in people’s lives off the screen that resonated with me.
We began talking about Erin’s Law, a bill she has been fighting to get passed that’s named after Erin Merryn, who was sexually abused as a child for years but never told anyone because she was ashamed. Julianna said, “Erin’s Law has passed in 19 states, and Erin will not stop until all 50 have it. Until we give every kid a voice.”
But you could tell Julianna isn’t going to stop either. She puts her heart and soul into every issue she cares about. She’s not afraid to dream big and do what she loves, whether it’s in her acting career, in her advocacy or being a mom. It’s because of women like Julianna that I know we can and will change the world.
Gillibrand is a U.S. Senator from New York
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption