When I met Julianna Margulies last year, it didn’t take long to recognize a kindred spirit. It wasn’t just that we quickly began finishing each other’s sentences. It was her passion, fearlessness, empathy and an unwavering determination to make a difference in people’s lives off the screen that resonated with me.
We began talking about Erin’s Law, a bill she has been fighting to get passed that’s named after Erin Merryn, who was sexually abused as a child for years but never told anyone because she was ashamed. Julianna said, “Erin’s Law has passed in 19 states, and Erin will not stop until all 50 have it. Until we give every kid a voice.”
But you could tell Julianna isn’t going to stop either. She puts her heart and soul into every issue she cares about. She’s not afraid to dream big and do what she loves, whether it’s in her acting career, in her advocacy or being a mom. It’s because of women like Julianna that I know we can and will change the world.
Gillibrand is a U.S. Senator from New York
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk