“I never thought I could make a career out of something I enjoyed doing–something I was passionate about, something that gave me a voice, ” says Copeland, who is one of the first African Americans to be a soloist with American Ballet Theatre.
Read Nadia Comaneci on Misty Copeland for the 2015 TIME 100.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time