Jennifer Hudson brought her singing A-game to The Late Late Show With James Corden on Monday night, taking part in an epic round of carpool karaoke.
Joining Corden on his drive to work in Los Angeles, the 36-year-old Oscar winner belted her way through several of her hits including “Spotlight,” “If This Isn’t Love,” Iggy Azalea collaboration “Trouble” and a massive finale of “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.” And while Hudson hit all the high notes — often winding down the window to sing at passersby — Corden proved he’s no slouch when it comes to rapping skills.
But the highlight of the clip has to be when they pull into the drive-through Astro Burger and soulful Hudson sings their order to the cashier.
After picking up their cheeseburgers and making a quick pit stop to take a selfie by the former American Idol contestant’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star, they began chatting about her Harvard law graduate cum wrestler fiancé David Otunga.
“There can’t be many people in the world who are like ‘I’m gonna be a WWE wrestler and I’m gonna have my law degree to fall back on,'” jokes Corden before Hudson puts him into a headlock.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve