The 13-year-old surfing champion who died in a shark attack reportedly left a note for his mother saying that he would not go in the water unless there were spotters watching the ocean for the predators.
“Don’t worry, Mom,” Elio Canestri wrote. “I’m going surfing. If there’s no security, I won’t surf.”
After revealing the note, Canestri’s grieving father Giovanni told French broadcaster RTL that his son had “always been very careful” in the waters off the coast of the Indian Ocean island of Reunion where they live. Elio was with six other people on Sunday when he was fatally…
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time