If listening to Jessie Ware makes you want to light candles and slip into something a little more comfortable, you have BenZel to thank in part for the sexy times: the production duo of Benny Blanco (Kesha, Katy Perry, Britney Spears) and Ben Ash (Two Inch Punch) helped pull the British soul singer out of her shell on her bold sophomore album, Tough Love, and they released their own Men EP last year with guest spots from Ryn Weaver and Cashmere Cat.
Their newest track, “Stuck On You,” takes the electro-R&B sound they explored with Ware and supercharges it — imagine Tough Love filtered through a pinball machine, with Jessie Ware’s vocals swapped out for some testosterone. The free download, which features rapper Tory Lanez, also kicks off a prolific Soundcloud spree from the duo: with plans to release a new song every week, expect to be on stuck on BenZel for awhile.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow