While perched in a tree, a 23-year-old chimpanzee named Tushi smacked a drone with a stick, sending it spiraling to ground last Friday morning at the Royal Burgers’ Zoo in Arnhem, a city in the Netherlands.
The national television program Burgers’ Zoo Natuurlijk was planning to use the footage, according to a blog post on the zoo’s website.
A spokesperson told the Associated Press that the drone cost about $2,100, but the money does not seem to matter to zoo officials. They are more excited to talk about how this act of destruction proves “how intelligent” the primates are.
Talk about monkey business.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears