1. Have the missing Nigerian schoolgirls been trained to fight?
By Amnesty International
2. Why more roads means more traffic, not less.
By Matthew Beck and Michiel Bliemer in the Conversation
3. Let’s face it. There’s no perfect deal to be made with Iran.
By Pierre Atlas in the Indianapolis Star
4. Does more spending guarantee a better military?
By Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry in the Week
5. What if we could detect some types of cancer with a simple breath test?
By Smitha Mundasad at the BBC
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction