Rita Wilson announced Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and has undergone a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery in order to fight the disease.
The actress revealed her diagnosis and treatment in a statement to People, and said the prognosis is good. “I am recovering and most importantly, expected to make a full recovery,” she said. “Why? Because I caught this early, have excellent doctors and because I got a second opinion.”
Wilson has recently appeared on Girls and The Good Wife and recently took a leave from the play A Fish in the Dark because of her health. Wilson said that her husband Tom Hanks was “by my side” through it all.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out