Rita Wilson announced Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and has undergone a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery in order to fight the disease.
The actress revealed her diagnosis and treatment in a statement to People, and said the prognosis is good. “I am recovering and most importantly, expected to make a full recovery,” she said. “Why? Because I caught this early, have excellent doctors and because I got a second opinion.”
Wilson has recently appeared on Girls and The Good Wife and recently took a leave from the play A Fish in the Dark because of her health. Wilson said that her husband Tom Hanks was “by my side” through it all.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption