Daredevil Nik Wallenda announced on Monday that he will take a stroll on top of the Orlando Eye, a spinning, 400-foot tall observation wheel.
Wallenda, a seventh-generation highwire performer who famously walked a tightrope between two Chicago skyscrapers last year, will once again attempt the walk without a harness or a safety net. He plans to perform the stunt on April 29.
“My whole life is about facing death in the eyes,” Wallenda said at a news conference, according to NBC News. “Do I think of death? Often.”
The Orlando Eye’s management celebrated the announcement on Facebook, calling it a “stunt for the ages.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow