Daredevil Nik Wallenda announced on Monday that he will take a stroll on top of the Orlando Eye, a spinning, 400-foot tall observation wheel.
Wallenda, a seventh-generation highwire performer who famously walked a tightrope between two Chicago skyscrapers last year, will once again attempt the walk without a harness or a safety net. He plans to perform the stunt on April 29.
“My whole life is about facing death in the eyes,” Wallenda said at a news conference, according to NBC News. “Do I think of death? Often.”
The Orlando Eye’s management celebrated the announcement on Facebook, calling it a “stunt for the ages.”
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma