Vine sensation and teen heartthrob Shawn Mendes just released his debut album Handwritten on iTunes, and social media is going crazy for it.
The 16-year old Canadian singer announced to his followers on Twitter that they could “finally” download the album.
Within minutes, #HandwrittenOniTunes was trending on Twitter as fans stormed the site to share their love for the new album.
Mendes, who’s touted as the next Justin Bieber (although he sounds more like Ed Sheeran) shot to fame in 2013 when he began uploading brief clips of covers of famous songs to popular video sharing site Vine. After gaining thousands of followers, the Toronto native was given a record deal with Island Records and his debut single Life of the Party made it into the Top 25 on the Billboard singles chart, making him the youngest artist to hold the honor.
And his career seems to be skyrocketing, as Mendes — who’s currently on tour himself — will open for Taylor Swift on her 1989 world tour this summer.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms