At just shy of 2 years, Prince George has already proven himself to be a baby genius.
When the royal toddler heard that his dad Prince William was visiting China, he immediately went to look for him – inside a china cabinet.
Luxury travel adviser Claudia Gordon had the good fortune of sitting down for lunch with Princess Kate recently, during which the pregnant princess shared the cute tale.
“I asked her if Prince George was excited about the new prince or princess that was coming and she said yes and that he is a toddler and is talking and walking,” Gordon told the Florida News-Press.
“Then she told me that his daddy, Prince William, was visiting China. After hearing this he went to the china cabinet, opened it and proclaimed ‘daddy is not here.’ ”
Added Gordon: “She said they would work on his geography.”
Kate is expecting her second child with William this month. She plans to take a longer maternity leave after the baby’s birth, a source told PEOPLE.
“She felt she came back too soon last time,” the royal source said. “She wants to have that [family] and enjoy it with George and the new baby.”
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now