Tom Brady’s latest off-season headline might be his worst: his opening pitch before the Red Sox’s home opener against the Nationals at Fenway Park on Monday was quite, quite bad.
One more time, from the stands:
Calling it a “one-hopper” even seems generous. The quarterback’s pitch hit the dirt about halfway through the left-handed hitters’ batting box and didn’t even get close to reaching the painted line.
Great scoop by Big Papi, though. And at least Brady took it in stride. Perhaps he’ll return to balling with Michael Jordan or to the Bill Belichick heart attack-inducing cliff diving. Or maybe a return to having his kids bury him on the beachwould be safer—for all involved.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time