Kanye West and Kim Kardashian had their daughter North West baptized in Jerusalem on Monday, an Armenian church official said.
While entering the Saint James Cathedral in Jerusalem’s Old City area, Kardashian and her sister Khloe pleaded with the surrounding crowd for space and shouted that it was unsafe for the baby, the Associated Press reports.
The Kardashian family had been followed by fans and paparazzi since earlier in the day, when they traveled from Armenia to Israel’s international airport by private jet before heading to Jerusalem. The family is expected to film footage for their E! reality show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, for two days in the area before traveling to Jordan to continue to explore their family history.
“Kim Kardashian’s daughter will be baptized and become a Christian officially and a member of the Armenian church,” Archbishop Aris Shirvanian said. “All I know is that she’s a famous personality. I don’t know her in person. In any case she is welcome with her family.”
Read next: Watch Kanye West Jump Into a Lake While Performing in Armenia
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism