Dash-cam video captured two conversations Officer Michael Slager had after he fatally shot Walter Scott — one in which he appeared to tell his wife “everything’s OK” and one with a fellow cop in which he admitted his adrenaline was “pumping” and laughed nervously.
Slager cannot be seen on the video, but he can be heard answering a call — apparently from his pregnant wife — and giving her his version of the April 4 confrontation with Scott following a traffic stop in North Charleston.
“Hey, everything’s OK, OK? I just shot somebody. Yeah, everything’s OK,” he said.
“He grabbed my…
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating