Dash-cam video captured two conversations Officer Michael Slager had after he fatally shot Walter Scott — one in which he appeared to tell his wife “everything’s OK” and one with a fellow cop in which he admitted his adrenaline was “pumping” and laughed nervously.
Slager cannot be seen on the video, but he can be heard answering a call — apparently from his pregnant wife — and giving her his version of the April 4 confrontation with Scott following a traffic stop in North Charleston.
“Hey, everything’s OK, OK? I just shot somebody. Yeah, everything’s OK,” he said.
“He grabbed my…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow